Can Pregnant Women Eat Eggs; Following a well-balanced and healthy diet plan is the most important factor that an expecting should keep in mind to ensure the health of her little one. A growing fetus needs several essential nutrients to be a healthy child. Eggs are considered a significant source of such nutrients in the form of fats, vitamins, minerals and proteins. However, can pregnant women eat eggs? Let us find out.
Pregnant Women Eat Eggs
Since the woman’s body undergoes many changes during the pregnancy phase, she needs to avoid certain foodstuffs that are completely safe in the routine life. Have a look at the benefits and potential risks of eating egg during pregnancy.
Benefits of Eating Eggs During Pregnancy
- Eggs contain a high amount of protein, which is necessary for a healthy growth of your baby.
- Thanks to the presence of choline, eggs help in the prevention of stress and chronic issues.
- Eggs are packed with several key vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids. These all nutrients are significant for the proper growth of an unborn child.
- One of the major benefits of eggs during pregnancy is its assistance in keeping the cholesterol levels within the normal range.
- The to-be-mum should eat about 200-300 extra calories daily to nourish her body and the growing baby. The consumption of an egg provides you 70 calories, a healthy portion of the recommended amount.
Potential Risks & Precautions
- Raw eggs contain salmonella bacteria that may harm you and your fetus. To prevent such risks, avoid eating raw or half boil egg.
- Eating eggs is risky for the women who are suffering from high blood pressure. They are recommended to eat the boiled egg without the yolk.
- Sometimes, consumption of egg cause dehydration, diarrhea, and vomiting. If you face the symptoms of these problems after having an egg, immediately consult with your health provider.
How this post helped you? Do share your comments. Good Luck